Due to the introduction of e-commerce platforms, the entire MRO distribution network in the region has seen substantial transformations. Using E-commerce sourcing instead of traditional procurement procedures is expected to result in a cost savings of around 11 to 19 percent of the total procurement cost when compared to traditional procurement strategies.
As MRO sourcing varies from company to company and is dependent on criteria such as the number of stock holding units required, business procurement requirements, product categories, and purchasing frequency, it is important to understand how MRO sourcing works. Traditional procurement systems have a number of shortcomings and obstacles that must be overcome.
However, e-commerce platforms are not limited to the act of selling and purchasing. It also includes actions that support the buying and selling process, such as automated data gathering and identification technologies that aid in the identification of equipment, storing and retrieving equipment, order tracking, and other similar activities.
In the current distribution industry landscape in the region, the internet and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) purchasing are a wonderful mix. Effective coordination and communication within the logistics network is a critical aspect of supply chain management in the manufacturing business. When it comes to communication networks, e-commerce provides a reasonably inexpensive network with secure trading capabilities.
The following are some of the benefits of using e-commerce platforms for MRO distribution:
– Reasonably low product pricing
– Process cycles that are shorter – Improved access to information – Transparency in transaction procedures
– Decrease the time it takes to deliver goods to customers.
– Improved compliance with approved distributors and vendors
– Consolidate providers while boosting the number of competitive options available.
– Provide buyers with the opportunity to work on projects that are both valuable and strategic.